Library updates / integration list:
A few items added to the done list.
A big to-do is a power supply update to a DC-DC buck which also supports a 3.3V regulator for the ESP-01.
|Library||extern||Minimum Functions||General purpose notes|
|timestamp.h (DS3231 RTC)
get time, make timestamp…
|Done||getRTC() current time>reg setAL1(), setAL2() set alarms from reg setRTC() to update clock|
i2c access to 24LC256 chip
|//rem’d out||read(), write() single bytes
readBlock, writeBlock to copy config / comm areas in one call
|VMEM||Done||read(), write() single bytes, from any memory media
extend to include SDFAT
|Log||Pending||prepare a 16 byte block of log data, either performance or status|
Both angle/target seeking and basic chip control
|Done||getPos(), setDrive(), setTarget() (has az,el angle conversions as well|
|MCP (MCP 23017)||Partial||No defined interface yet|
|LCD||Pending||No defined interface yet|
|avr (base)||Pending||Generic A/D read/write|
|ESP8266||Pending||Will need to incorporate
Extend to include SPIFFS comm buffer (eventually)
|BattBox||Pending||Need simple avr i2c slave to read some adc lines for current, voltage|
- Write up something that manages the 4 byte structs for describing execution state. Library?Plain array? Library, I think. This is linked to schedule, code and the way it’s loaded in memory as objects. Gotta finish that this weekend.
- copy the sun position schedule currently in a FLASH_ARRAY into some of the unused low bytes of internal EEPROM. I think it fits between the reg and MAP.
- sift thru the current spreadsheet of opcodes and stuff all the blocking calls into one group so we can flag those in the sequence generator – in case we need to run those as ‘exclusive’.
- I had an idea to wrap the stock LCD library so we can include references to a string_table for option-list type fields. Currently it’s all numeric. Smells like scope creep.
- UPDATE: I forgot the August 31 deadline for autonomous operations. I’ve started a reverse calendar to count down the work items left. It’s about 1 week of time left, and about 6 weeks of work
- sun sensor – sealing the top and mounting the base to the array.
- fabric enclosure completion (it’s held on with bungee cords right now)
- user interface ‘box’ mounting and cable routing, mounting the panels and power switches
- power and comms cable from the battery box
- revisit vmem – make it buffer-backed for 32 byte page-writes.
- array mounting and charge cabling
- platform, table, and mast build, linear actuator tests, azimuth feedback testing and characterization
- sensor build and testing
- 3D printing the feedback rack and gear for elevation
- 3D printing the feedback gear for the XL belt azimuth table
- 3D printing the sub-panels for the user interface box
- write up the keywords.txt and example for the XEEPROM library, and test it all out
- organize the reg[ ] array into config and run entries. Those entries that are only used during setup() don’t have to be copied in memory. I should be able to save about 32 bytes of SRAM this way.
- wiring for reset button
- wiring for keypad
- cut template for sample control panel